A Favour Owed

Public forum for the writings of the members of the Order. Here you'll find background stories and other stories written by the members of the Order...

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

A Favour Owed

Postby Landrian on Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:20 pm

Landrian left the meeting shaking his head "i hope they know what they're getting themselevs into" he muttered drawing glances from passers by, he walked purposefully back to his bunk kicking the chest at the end of his bed open and pausing to scoop out a worn jouranl and crumpled map.

"Lets see which of the old routes will get us to Crystalsong" Landrian muttered unrolling the map and then flicking throught he pages ofthe journal, a list of names and numbers flashed by until he stopped running a finger down the page and tapping it on a suitable route "its a risky one but its the quickest route through" he said checking it against his map "now to go see a old friend".

The sound of seagulls and dockworkers calling to eachother greeted Landrian as the ship pulled into Stormwind harbour there was a faint taste of salt on the tip of his tounge as he licked his dry lips and smiled jumping from the ship to the harbour as dockhands rushed to put the gangway up, he made his way down towards the harbourmaster who sat behind a desk sweating in the sun.

"Can i help you?" the harbourmaster asked not looking up from his paperwork.

"Where can i find Samir?" Landriansaid taking the paper's from his hands and placing them on the desk.

"Never heard of him" the harbourmaster replied shifting slightly and looking up at Landrian his long nose and beady eyes giving him the appearnce of a rodent.

Landrian sighed as he rubbed at his chin "why don't you pretend i am not an idiot and i will pretend you're not taking bribes to kee his shady dealings kept secret, now tell me where he is!" He said clearly annoyed.

"Look here"

"Unless the next words out of your mouth are where Samir is i suggest you stop there" Landrian interuppted jabbing a a finger into the Harbourmasters chest.

"he's loading a ship last dock on the left...just dont tell him i told you he was there"The harbourmaster squecked looking down at the finger.

"My thanks friend" Landrian said flashing him a sincere smile and walking off in the direction of Samir.

Samir was perched on a crate watching as his men loaded his ship.

"Samir still have the Harbourmaster's scared of you i see" Landrian called.

"Well that's a voice i thought i'd never hear again" a shocked Samir said jumping from the crate and embracing Landrian in a bear hug. "I heard you was dead Lan, the last contract went south you all died, are the others with you?" Samir asked putting Landrian down and looking behind him.

"No some survived" Landrian replied solemly.

"What of Willow and the Dwarf".

"She..she didn't make it, Gilran did though i haven't seen him since...perhaps that is for the best".

"If it's work you need i could use someone with your skill to show these wimps how a real warrior fights".

"Im not taking contracts anymore i am out of the game, besides i'm not that person anymore, i have had my fill of death"Landrian said shaking his head.

"so what do you need or is this just a social visit?" Samir asked stepping back and eyeing Landrian up.

"Well i have come to collect on our debt, in a few weeks me and some of my people will need one of your ships and any supplies you can spare to get us to Northrend".

" A perilous journey and one that would normally cost a hefty sum,what buisness do you have there?" Samir said raising an eyebrow.

"it is not my place to say all you need to know is that ou wont be required to do anything other then give us a ship and crew that knows the waters well".

"I'll be taking a big loss, it's short notice and i need all the ships for my current contracts".

"You owe me"Landrian growled grabbing Samir by the collar "where would you be now if i had thought like that when you where struggling through the snow" Landrian added as he regained composure and released Samir.

"you're not as changed as you like to say Landrian i can see it in your eyes still the same coldness you want to hide from your new friends, you'll have your ship and after we will have a chat about your resurrection..if you come back now, will you kindly get lost".
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Landrian
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Warrior

Re: A Favour Owed

Postby Aariam on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:17 am

Ooh, what shady boats are Landrian getting us onto? ;)

I like this set-up for the event, really enjoyable to read. :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Anhagath on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:31 am

Oooh dear! Are we all gonna get dead :D Cool story, and that's a bit of a darker picture painted of a character I knew little about. Looking forward to this ship ride...
"My favorite color is fire."
Anhagath

Character: Anhagath
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Mage

Postby Landrian on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:06 pm

There's a few people I might push over board given the right opportunity but no deaths I couldn't bring my self to kill you all off :twisted:. I don't really have anything planned for the boat ride, but if anyone has any ideas or wants to do something then go for it after all im just the guide and it is your event Anhagath i don't want to overstep :D
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Anhagath on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:57 am

No that's fine, man! We need go be able to grab each other either on WoW or via PM here (that might be best?) so I can organize a few things for the event. Do you check PMs here often?
"My favorite color is fire."
Anhagath

Character: Anhagath
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Mage

Postby Landrian on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:06 am

when i am at work i have no access to my phone or the internet since security at work is ridiculous, i normally look on here before and on the way home for work,im normally on WOW when i get home anyway so either option suits me :D
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Return to ∞ The Ancient of Lore ∞